Programmes of work are designed to develop the mathematical skills of the individual student with an emphasis on investigational mathematics and problem solving.
Mathematics – Programme of Study
Key Stage 3
- Word problems (Add and subtract)
- Problem solving (Multiply and divide)
- Applications of algebra
- Percentages and statistics
- Algebraic expressions
- 2-D geometry
- Proportional reasoning
- 3-D geometry
Key Stage 4
Year 9 and 10
- Edexcel GCSE Mathematics 3 year scheme of work
- Edexcel GCSE Mathematics 2 year scheme of work
Year 12 & 13
KS5 follow the Edexcel A level Mathematics course.
They sit 6 exams, 4 compulsory units are studied which cover all the elements of Pure Mathematics (C1, 2, 3 & 4).
In year 12 students study Statistics for the S1 exam and in year 13 they study Decision Maths.
Further information about the programme of study for mathematics can be obtained from the Faculty Leader, Mrs. L. Murray-Smith.