Being a governor is a rewarding way of making an important contribution to education. It can help you develop your existing skills and learn new ones.
The duties of the College’s Governing Body include:
- setting the strategic direction, policies and objectives of the College
- approving the budget
- reviewing progress against the budget and objectives
- challenging and supporting the Senior Leadership Team
- playing a part in appointing staff.
The Governing Body makes its decisions based on the advice of committees. It is accountable for:
- the use of public funds
- the quality of education provided by the College
- the wider contribution to the community.
The Governing Body is made up of:
- staff representatives
- community governors, including parents
- other local sponsors, like businesses.
If you would like to contact the governors, or become a governor, please contact the Clerk of Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org